The Residential Manager is the front line manager of the Group Home or Alternative Living Unit, responsible for coordinating the needs of the individuals, assisting with staffing needs, and communication with staff and administrative staff. The Residential Manager is part of a team responsible for assisting each resident to live in a safe, enjoyable home environment reflective of his/her needs and interests with opportunities to learn from new experiences.
Minimum Qualifications: Commitment to assist individuals with developmental disabilities to participate fully in life at home and in their community. HS Diploma or GED. One year experience in working with people with developmental disabilities or special needs. Must possess a valid driver’s license that meets the requirements of the insurance carrier. Must have the ability to lift, transfer and implement restraint techniques. This position requires the availability for flexible work schedules. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and the ability to speak and write proficiently in English is required. Must have strong understanding of medical policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Will be responsible for overall supervision and management of GH and ALU as assigned.
• Will ensure compliance of regulations.
• Will implement and carry through Star Community, Inc. policies and procedures.
• Will review data collection, end of month paperwork, and turn them in on the 1st of the month, or by the next business day when the 1st occurs on the weekend.
• Will prepare annual residential report and participate in team meetings for individuals and staff meetings.
• Will complete daily paperwork requirements for goals, behavior programs, and any additional forms required.
• Will complete house schedule and will be available for on-call rotation.
• Will complete annual evaluations of staff working in the assigned home.
• Will assist each resident with activities of daily living.
• Will treat individuals with dignity and respect.
• Will honor privacy when providing personal care.
• Will ensure physical, emotional, personal, and social needs are met.
• Will ensure a positive home environment and honor preferences.
• Will communicate with individuals according to his/her natural ability.
• Will communicate information between house staff and Residential Director.
• Will communicate information between administrative staff, team members (i.e. day program, nursing, family, advocate, behavioral support), and advocate on behalf of the individuals as needed.
• Will support individuals existing relationships and provide opportunities to expand the individual’s network of friends and acquaintances.
• To ensure the health and well-being of the individuals, will accompany to medical appointments, ER visits, and personal appointments; on a daily basis, will administer medications, provide a well-balanced diet prepared to meet the needs of the individual, following all instructions given by the primary care physician.
• Will assist in personal needs and clothing purchases; will plan with the Residential Director budgeting needs for groceries and household purchases and adhere to the plan, will provide receipts and maintain records of all individual expenses.
• Will schedule staff hours in line with budgeted hours and forecast hours for special events, vacations, and special needs of the individuals.
• Will maintain neatness, cleanliness and overall appearance of the home.
• Will file facilities maintenance reports for maintenance needs.
• Will complete emergency preparedness drills and documentation as required.
• Will assist with training of new hires and be available for ongoing mentoring.
• Will maintain all required certifications such as, but not limited to, CMT, CNA, First Aid, and CPR.
• Will engage and participate in special projects to enhance personal development and expand leadership of abilities.
• Will successfully complete in-service requirements and meet renewal schedules.
Will complete other duties as assigned.